- Castings must conform to a size envelope formed by two
concentric cylinders 450mm long with diameters of 60 and 650mm.
- Minimum wall thickness is 0.5 mm to 1.5 mm dependant
upon surface area.
- Casting Weight
Titanium alloys : 9.5kg
Nickel alloys : 17.5kg
- The strength of titanium alloys is very high, equal to that of steel
- The density of of titanium alloy is 4.5 compared to steel at 7.8
- Titanium alloys can be used in many applications due to good heat resistance (400 to 500 oC), very good corrosion resistance and excellent Biocompatibility (implants are not rejected by the human body)
There is virtually no limitation to the complexity of shapes that can be cast.
However, in some instances, TARAMM may suggest modifications to facilitate production and/or to reduce costs.
Fully Finished Parts:
With the support of our approved sub-contractor network, we can readily supply components with additional processes such as painting, machining etc. and ship the pieces ready to assemble on an airframe or engine.
TARAMM produces vacuum poured, investment castings ranging from small to medium size in Titanium and High Melting point alloys. TARAMMM utilises a unique, advanced process : ‘Cold Crucible Induction Melting’ to the following parameters.